By Jennifer Nwosu
The national president, Rescue Nigeria Youths Foundation, Chief Hon. Navy Stephen, has Called on President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, (GCFR), the Jagaban of Africa, to as a matter of urgency, remove the MD of Niger Delta Development Commission, Dr, Samuel Ogbuku and suspend the Holistic Opportunity Project Engagement project of the Commission until appropriate measures have been taken to correct some actions that are inconsistent with the rules and principles guiding the NDDC.
The Rescue Nigeria Youths Foundation World-wide is drawing the attention of the Niger Delta leaders and the President the national, that the announcement made on Wednesday 12th July 2023 during the flag off of the Holistic Opportunity Project Engagement by the NDDC MD Mr. Samuel Ogbuku, does not represent the interest of the entire Niger Delta Youths as there are passived plan to secovient and corruptly use resources made for the project for other uses and benefit of Dr, Samuel Ogbuku and his allies.
It is pertinent to note that the policies of the Federal Government, especially in establishing the Holistic Opportunity Project Engagement is the outcome of our agitation for proper attention to the youth of our region in the area of job opportunity and empowerment in various government establishments and agencies who before now have been subjected to untold hardship resulting from prolonged negulate and intimations by successive administrations .
We want to bring to the notice of the President and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Federation that we the Niger Delta Youths are not in support of this Holistic Opportunity Project Engagement
Your Excellency Sir, the Sole a Administrator / MD, want to use the Holistic Opportunity Project to enmass and he wants to sigfund the commission’s fun and use same to sponsor selfish Governorships candidate
Our findings in regard to the actions and plans of the NDDC MD Dr, Samuel Ogbuku on the HOPE project is further highlighted as follows.
1. The MD, Dr, Samuel Ogbuku, failed to liase and consult with the relevant agencies in the National Assembly and with the Presidency.
2. His failure to seek for approval letter from the NASS, , is a clear indication that he has completely disobeyed the laydown democratic principles and rules of the National Assembly.
3. The registration process as announced by the body via database website, targeting 1,000 empowerment per each State of the Niger Delta States, is a ploy to create loopholes for the exercise to be hijack by some few individuals and the proceed of this act, used in sponsoring Bayelsa State governorship election in favour of one particular candidate. We shall aggressively resist this evil plans with every strength in our body if nothing is done to address the identified anomalies of the NDDC MD and the Civil Service consultants.
We wish to appeal to our dynamic and youth friendly President and leaders of Niger Delta, to intervene and call Dr. Samuel Ogbuku to order to avoid creating hostile situations in the entire area, upon failure to involve all the agitating groups within the region.
For the avoidance of doubt, the list below are some of the formidable Youth bodies in the Niger Delta that have fought and will continue to fight for the interest of the Niger Delta people anytime and any day
1. Orbobo Progressive Union Abuja Chapter
2. Ijaw Progressive Movement
3, Ijaw Youth Must Move Forward, World Wide (IYMMF)
4. Ijaw Youth Council Zone
5. Itserkiri Progressive Union
6. Niger Delta Militant Forum
7.Amalgamated APC Support Group Niger Delta states.